There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Thursday, May 17, 2012

“What Could Have Been”

As the bus climbed the small hill approaching The Authority’s house there was no one standing at the end of the drive, my breathing slowed, I gritted my teeth trying to hold back the emotion. I slowed the bus to a stop and still no one, I fought back the dream of what the ride might be. A second went by and still no one, the sun came through the trees, the wheat in the fields was golden and the birds begin to sing. My heart leapt with joy, my foot moved to the accelerator. In that very moment of delight the front door flew open and out ran The Authority and his little brother. I looked to the heavens and said, “Now Lord that was just mean”.

No comments:

Post a Comment