There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

“Counselor in the Making”

Conversation with a little red headed first grader. First grader: “Mr. Brandon did you know that my mom was in your class when she was little?” Me: “Yes, I did and one of these days you will be old enough to be in my class just like your mom.” Frist grader: ”Did you go to this school when you were a little boy?” Me: “No I lived in another state, I lived in Oklahoma.” First grader: “You mean you had to move off and leave all your friends?” At this point I reach up to wipe something out of my eye and I feel a little hand patting me on the shoulder and a soft voice says, “Are you crying Mr. Brandon?” Then as we pass a cemetery she says, “There are a lot of people out there, do you miss your Mom and Dad?” I reply, “My Mom and Dad are still alive.” After a short pause, “How about your Grandma and Grandpa?” Then the little hand returns patting me and says, “Mr. Brandon do you get frustrated some times?” I think her carrier path has already been chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment