Thursday, October 30, 2014
Friday, October 24, 2014
These are phrases all new bus drivers need to familiarize themselves with before starting their new bus job.
1. Please be seated. Thank you.
2. Stop licking the windows. They've already been cleaned today.
3. Stop licking the seat. It will cause a blister on your tongue.
4. Stop licking the person next to you. People don't taste that good.
5. No, you cannot get off at the gas station and get a coke. Unless you're buying for everyone.
6. Put the handcuffs up. No I'm not sure why your parents would have them.
7. Leave the cactus up here by me. It might get damaged from the other kids.
8. No, I cannot close my eyes for you to do a magic trick. Can you make yourself disappear?
9. Stop swinging your underwear over your head and put them up. Yes, I'm glad they're clean.
10. Yes, I know his grandfather is only wearing boxer shorts with sugar baby written on them.
But wasn't it nice for him to walk his grandchild to the bus?
11. Those dogs are only wrestling. They must be good friends.
12. Yes, I know the bus is hot darling. But you need to put your shirt back on.
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Friday, October 3, 2014
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
"Don't Forget To Twirl"
Oct 30, 2013, 7:30 AMbyTom Brandon
As we near the end of the workday or school day, we think of the things that we're going to do when we get home. Sometimes, much to our dismay, things happen to deter our plans. On one particular afternoon, on the way home, there was a choir of moans coming from the riders for it had started to rain. Afternoon plans were a bust and the dreariness set in. I pulled up to the next drive ready to open the door to a gray afternoon for another child. The kindergarten girl looked at me and said with a smile, "I love the rain". She hopped off the bus took a few steps and then twirled herself around a couple of times, then hurried on her way. It made my day so much better; I smile every time I think about it. Suggestion, give yourself a twirl today, even if you have to wait till no one is looking. Personally I think if you twirl while their looking, it will give you and them something to smile about.