There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Thursday, February 28, 2013

“When Lightning Strikes”

“Mr. Brandon I need a pencil” were the first words he spoke when the first grader got on the bus. “Why?” I said. He continued, “Well I need to write a script it just came to me”. “Is it a script for a movie, tv or a play?” I asked. He informed me it was for a movie so I handed him a pencil and he went to work. Then came the questions, “How do you spell dinosaur?” “How do you spell brachiosaurs?” How do you spell T-Rex?” Later he showed me the beginnings of his script written on a paper bag. I know many great writers have started in this same way. I’m thinking of making one suggestion, because of spelling constraints his next movie should be about cats and dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment