There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

“Everyone is Invited”

He boarded the bus with a hand full of papers and immediately stuck them in my face and said, “Mr. Brandon what do you think?” It was about five pages of scribble marks but by the tone of the voice I knew it was supposed to be a good thing. So I shook my head and said, “Looks good, looks real good how about explaining it to me”. So he set down and explained it was his plans for his “Summer Club”. It’s a club where you just hang out for the summer and have a good time. He asked me how to spell pull and I said, “Pull, like you pull open a door?” “No” he said, “like you jump in a pull”. “Oh, you mean pool”. “Yes, pull”. “P-O-O-L”, I relied. He went on, “We are just going to hang around the pull all summer and have a good time”. Then he started making a list of all the food and drinks they would need and he solicited the help of a third grader for the spelling. Then came the good news he started explaining who was all invited to be a part of the “Summer Club” he named brothers, sisters, cousins, grandpa, grandma, even went all the way out to uncles and aunts. So if you’re in the neighborhood drop by Mr. Mucus’s house and be a part of “Summer Club”. According to him it starts, spring 4:30. I wonder if his dad knows he needs to get a pull in by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment