There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Friday, February 8, 2013

“Affairs of the Heart”

February oh how it brings out the love bug, what to say what to do. Two second grade boys were discussing how one of them had been practicing to kiss his girlfriend on Valentine’s Day. Seems he had been kissing the stuff deer head at home. Well another second grader came to me and asked, “Mr. Brandon how do I impress my girlfriend for Valentine’s Day?” First of all I did not pass on the practice kissing a deer head information. I said, “Well you know a small box of candy would be nice, I think she would like that”. “And maybe some flowers” he added. It wasn’t long and I saw him working on something in his seat. He had taken some paper and rolled it up into a long object that looked something like a light saber and it looked pretty nice for a rolled up piece of paper. Well he showed it to me and told me it looked kind of like a bunch of flowers and he did this because he didn’t have any real flowers. Well I assured him that it looked good and I thought it would be ok. Well he got off the bus with it and the next day he brought it back. On the ride home I asked him to quit hitting and poking people with it about three or four times. By the time he was getting off the bus it was pretty ragged looking. As he got off he passed a young lady handed it to her and said, “Here, happy Valentine’s Day made it myself” and just kept walking. I closed the door looked at a rather shocked little girl in the mirror who looked back and said, “What in the world is this?” I hope the box of candy is not half eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment