There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Monday, February 4, 2013

“Anger Management”

The Twins that are not Twins boarded the bus with rather heavy stomps of the feet. It did not take a Sherlock Holmes to see that not all was well. Trying to lighten the mood I started with, “Good morning girls how are you doing this wonderful day?” The response was immediate, loud and in stereo, “Not good, we are mad at our Daddy”. They continued in unison, “We wanted to play with the puppies four more minutes and he said no we had to get on the bus”. I quickly change to my counseling hat and say, “Girls it doesn’t help to get angry, it doesn’t change anything”. Reply, “Oh, yes it does it makes us feel better”. So I change tactics, “Girls remember your Daddy is trying to do what is best for you and he loves you”. At this point I believe I’m making some headway because they have quieted down. Then a poor unsuspecting student gets on the bus and sets next to them. One of the Twins who are not Twins looks at the boy and said, “I just want to take his head and smash it into the side of the bus”. Unaware of what might take place next, the young man without hesitation moved to another seat. Personally, I was making sure there were no obstructions to the emergency exits.

No comments:

Post a Comment