There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"The True Spirit"

Mr. Mucus had a question, "Mr. Brandon do you know what the true spirit of Christmas is?" Sensing a teaching moment I reply, "Yes I do, the true spirit of Christmas is seeing how many presents that you can get for your bus driver". He and others chime in, "No Mr. Brandon it’s about being thankful". I add, "Yes thankful that we are able to buy a lot of presents for our bus driver". "No, it’s about being able to do things for the people who mean the most to you and that you love the most." I start with, "Yes like....." They chime in with, "We know like your bus driver". I think my job is done. The conversation then changes over to what if we could hook up reindeer to the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment