There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

“Living the Dream”

Driving down the road I hear Mr. Mucus barking out orders, “Bacon I need more bacon and get some sausage on there too”. Then I hear slapping noises as the kids across the aisle from him are hitting the seat with their hands putting bacon and sausage on the grill I assume. He continues with, “Toast, I need toast and make it raisin toast”. The orders continue as the other students keep slapping it on the grill. He paused took a deep breath and said, “Ok you can take a two minute break”. He looked at me and said, “I love working at Waffle House it’s the greatest job in the world”. After that he looked back at the workers and said, “Get busy I need more bacon”. There was a small protest that they had not had two minutes but he said he didn’t care and they needed to get back to work. Waffle House, I knew it, raisin toast gave it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment