There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Thursday, December 13, 2012

“In the Details”

A first grade student boards the bus and as he is setting down says, “Mr. Brandon why is it so chilly this morning?” Quick thought runs through my head, maybe it’s not so obvious to a first grader. I reply, “Because it’s December”. He looks at me with a blank stare. I try again, “Because it’s winter”. Same look, so I swing for the fences, “Because during this period of time the tilt of the earth’s axis causes the northern hemisphere to be tilted away from the sun”. “Oh so that’s why” he replied. Some people think on a higher level, even first graders.

No comments:

Post a Comment