There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Thursday, August 28, 2014

"Guess Who?"

If it is true that necessity is the mother of invention then profit must be the father. Even at the precious, innocent age of six and seven I had a group of boys scheming, well planning ways to make money. They discussed  and rejected a number of plans and then settled on one they felt showed some promise. Arrow heads, if they could just find enough Indian arrow heads they could sell them and make a lot of money.  Places that they might find such items were talked over and then one of them was hit by a tidal wave of genius. "No, no wait" he said. "Forget that I've got it." There was a short pause all attention was on him. The lack of money problem was forever solved. "A time machine, all we have to do is make a time machine and we'll be rich." "The only problem is I don't think I have all the parts we will need at my house." The momentary monkey wrench in the plan was removed when another spoke up and said, "But I do at my house." Plans are now being formulated. I'm not sure if I'm pulling for their success or not. I do know that these boys are a hand full in the present. If they start popping in and out of my past or my future I'm going to need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment