There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Friday, August 29, 2014

"Things To Live For"

We have all looked at ourselves in pictures from the past, took in the styles and said, "What were we thinking?"  Fashion changes and so does music.  It seems every generation thinks their music is the best. Some music comes in a flash and is gone and some hangs painfully on.  But some music bridges generations and is born anew.  A student called out, "Mr. Brandon, I think something is wrong with him."  I turn to find a young man, with his Bass Pro Shop hat turned backwards, laid back in the seat, furiously playing the air guitar.  One look at me and he threw up his hands and yelled out, "I live for Rock and Roll and ..................peaches."  One look at his little rollie pollie self and I realized he lives for more than Rock and Roll and peaches.  I think there's some mash potatoes and gravy in there also.  Hey, I've got no problem with that, everything is better with gravy, even Rock and Roll.  

No comments:

Post a Comment