There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

"Perpetrator"

The young lady had a rather distrait look on her face as she got my attention, "Mr. Brandon, that boy back there has a real Okie Pokie" then she went and set down. I wasn't sure how to react to a real Okie Pokie. I mean I understood Okie Dokie and even Hokie Pokie but what's an Okie Pokie, maybe it's a version of the dance only done in Oklahoma? Trying not to panic at the prospect of a rider with a real Okie Pokie on board, I watched where she set to see who was around her that may be the perpetrator. There he was the notorious Mr. Mucus and I knew immediately what she was talking about. When he got on the bus this morning he showed me what he had brought, it was a walkie talkie. Mystery solved, he had even been trying to talk to his friend because he was saying, "Breaker, breaker". So I asked what his friends name was and he said, "Breaker". Should have known.

No comments:

Post a Comment