There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Thursday, November 21, 2013

"Kid Bell"

He held up the two cups wrapped with string with the pride of any true inventor. He told me what it was, but he really didn't have to, I know a well-crafted phone when I see one. Then he demonstrated how it worked, one rider held a cup up to my ear as the other one stood behind me and yelled into a cup, "Mr. Brandon, Mr. Brandon". The clarity was amazing it was almost like he was right behind me yelling my name. Next, they moved on to a test of long distance because I heard one say, "Ciao" and the other one said, "Sayonara". I hope they have the right plan because those international charges can be outrageous.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe I'm just now finding out about 1. You have a blog and 2. You were on the Steve Harvey show! You totally deserved that award and I'm so proud to say you were my bus driver and teacher! I'm sure it's hard to remember names, but I know anytime I see your bus pass by the cotton gin that I can give you a wave and you'll remember me! I love reading these stories and I hope you'll keep them coming. You're an inspiration and I hope you realize how many kids that have been lucky enough to have you as an educator look up to you and will forever remember you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep checking the blog everyday for a new entry, I do believe I am addicted to this blog of yours. My husband is a bus driver, and comes home with similiar stories.There are a few dates I wonder are you writing about my son because it sounds 100 percent like him, I know however it is not.Please keep the blog alive. I love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Ann. I'm glad you enjoy it, I have been quite busy the last couple of weeks and haven't had a chance to post much but hope to get started back. Thanks again.

      Delete