There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

"Champion"

As the second grader came to the bus I could tell he was wearing something on his right hand. I knew what it looked like but there was a small part of me that was sure I was wrong. He came up the steps held up his right hand and said, "Guess what Mr. Brandon?" Sure enough, it was what I had thought, a surgical glove with the ends of the fingers cut out. He snapped the glove against his wrist and said, "Do you know what I am?" I took one look at the up held, gloved hand with the ends of the fingers missing and I wanted to say, "A really careless proctologist?" Using better judgment I said, "I don't know". "I'm a champion bowler" he said, "and have been for the past four years". As he was demonstrating his bowling form I was breathing a sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment