There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Monday, November 11, 2013

"Please Let It Be A Weapon"

Often families use words differently at home than how they are defined in the dictionary. Received a shocked look from a young man once, when I called him a little goober, peanut in meaning, then mom informed me how they use the word goober at home, sorry. So, when a young man boarded the bus, reached for his sweat paints and said, "Let me show you my nunchaks" it was the only time I have ever thought, "Please, let him be reaching for a martial arts weapon". He pulled out a set of nunchaks, ok one problem avoided. Next, why was an energized second grader bringing nunchaks to school? Seems he had done well on his progress report and Dad had bought him a gift. Good move Dad! I'm not a prophet but I asked to keep up with them for him to avoid the, "Mr. Brandon, he just hit me" that I knew was coming. Let's all hope he doesn't make straight A's on his report card.

No comments:

Post a Comment