There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

"Living The Dream"

Before the second grader was seated he removed a walkie talkie from his belt and started speaking into it, "Yes, I'll need a large soft drink and look in the refrigerator and bring that left over spaghetti up to the school."  He paused looked at me and said, "Man, that place last night had the best spaghetti in the world."  Holding up his fist he continued, "Those meatballs were this big."  He returned to the walkie talkie with, "Yes, that will be all for now."  I wanted to ask, but before I could a student interjected, "Who was that?"  "Oh, that was Bertrim my personal butler," he said with a wave of his hand.  I thought of the house where I picked him up and I came to the realization that the servant's quarters had been cleverly disguised as a tool shed.  I assume this was for tax purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment