There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Monday, May 12, 2014

"Apologies"

I did not really want to put him off the bus.  He had treated me kinder than anyone else that day.  There was no doubt in my mind that he was the smartest one on the bus.  Everyone on the bus seemed to like him.  But his behavior was just not acceptable.  From the time he stepped on the bus he was down the aisle, back up the aisle, and down again.  He seemed oblivious to what I was trying to tell him.  The whole bus seemed to be in an uproar.  It was clear; I would have to leave the parking brake set, the flashing pick up lights going, and get up out of my seat if I was ever going to get control of the situation.  The traffic on the road was now backing up in both directions with drivers who were anxious to be on their way.  I tried to talk to him in a calm manner yet it did not have the effect I hoped it would.  So I had no other choice but to go down the aisle and confront him.  Just as I was in reach he crawled under a seat.  There was no way out except back to me.  He didn't move so I asked the students in the seat to lift their legs so he could exit out the front.  I directed him right to the front and off the bus closing the door as quickly behind him as I could.  He turned and gave me a quick look that would have broken a lesser man's will.  I knew it was a lesson learned.  I released the parking brake and drove on.  I could see in the rear view mirror that he took a few steps toward the bus as we drove off and then gave up realizing that it was futile.  So for all you that were stuck in the traffic jam while I dealt with this problem I apologize.  And if that dog, that was the size of a small pony, gets on my bus again I'm bringing him to school.  I feel that in dog years he is a high school student so I will let him transfer over to the high school bus and let him go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment