There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Friday, May 23, 2014

"Parental Neglect"

Sooner or later young boys start to ask questions.  I personally feel that many or our parents today have neglected to talk to their children about facts they should know.  Often it seems that they leave that up to teachers or hope their children will learn it from their older siblings or maybe from their friends.  I don't know if it's the awkwardness of the questions or the fear that they may introduce information to their child before they are really old enough to understand.  A curious young man approached me with some questions while we were driving down the road.  It may not have been my place but I thought I would answer him as honestly as I could.  While I tried to explain the whole parental dynamics to him another young man across the aisle added in half-truths showing he too did not understand the facts.  After I finished his face took on an ashen color and there was a slow drawn out "Whaaaaat?"  I think we can all relate.  There is not one of us that did not have the same reaction when we found out that Darth Vader was Luke Skywalker's dad.  Then I think I lost him when I tried to explain that movies 4, 5, and 6 came before 1, 2, and 3.  I think he will figure it all out in time.  Parents make sure your kids know the facts and don't pick up misinformation on the street.  It's not safe.

3 comments:

  1. Well, this is pretty wonderful. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Buyer/ Buyer mandate
    We currently have Available FOB Rotterdam/Hosuton for JP54,D2, D6, JetA1 with good and workable procedure, whereby buyer will dip test in seller tank with proof of product.
    Kindly Contact us via (anatolyvyacheslavoil@mail.ru) for SCO as soon as possible, so we can move to the next step.

    Regards
    Anatoly Vyacheslav
    Email: anatolyvyacheslavoil@mail.ru
    anatolyvyacheslavoil@yandex.ru
    skype:anatolyvyacheslavoil

    ReplyDelete