There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Thursday, January 10, 2013

“Promotional Gimmick”

As Mr. Mucus boarded the bus with a, “Yessssss the school bus” I knew he was primed to go. It wasn’t long and I looked in the mirror and saw him putting a long piece of tape under his nose. He saw me looking and said, “What? It’s a moustache”. He then properly interpreted the look of, you have got to be kidding me, which I gave him and continued, “I got it free with my cappuccino”. The first thought that flashed to mind was, I have been driving through this neighborhood for a number of years, so how had I missed a Starbucks? Was it hidden behind the barn on the corner? Was it down a bit by the stock pond where the horses water or was it near where I often slow down to let chickens cross the road? Secondly, this was a promotion I had not even heard of. I refocused, he gave me a thumbs up signal assuring me he was self-confident in his new look. He must have had a change of heart because before we had gotten to school he had torn it in half putting a piece under each eye and said he was a football player. Personally I think he should have stuck with the moustache, though you do tend to get foam in it from the cappuccinos.

No comments:

Post a Comment