There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Monday, January 7, 2013

“Extra Effort”

As Mr. Mucus got on the bus I said, “Kind of frosty out there this morning”. He replied, “That’s why you got a D.J. on the bus”. Naturally being at a complete lose for what that meant and wondering if it was the same kind of D.J. that I was thinking of because I was unaware of one that was used exclusively for frosty weather, I asked, “What’s a D.J.?” “It’s a person that spins records so you can dance” he replied. At the same time he through his hands in several different directions and continued, “By the way I’ve learned some new hip hop moves and will be giving some free lesson today if you want to take them”. At this point he is pulling off his jacket to show me his new cub scout t-shirt and explained to me that two fingers in the air means listen with your wolf ears. Before he put his jacket back on he said, “Mr. Brandon do you know what my jacket says?” I gave it a quick glance and said, “I don’t know, what does it say?” He looked at it this way and that, up and down and I heard him mumble, “What does this thing say?” Giving up he turned it back to me and said, “Come on man you’ve got to try harder”. Sometimes a little extra effort is what is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment