There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

“Cutoff Date”

Ok there are some mile stones that each of us recognize. Five we start school, thirteen we are officially a teenager, sixteen driver’s license and twenty one legally an adult. There was an argument on the bus about such mile stones. It was brought to my attention like most arguments are, by the increasing volume of the two involved. Because bus drivers are omniscient (no it’s not something you can be arrested for) I was called to settle the argument. It started like this. “You are not a soldier you are just a little kid.” “I am not a little kid, I’m eight years old.” “You are not eight you’re only seven.” “Well I’m almost eight.” “Mr. Brandon, tell him I’m not a little kid.” I have done some research and as of yet have been unable to establish the little kid cutoff date.

No comments:

Post a Comment