There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

“Profiling”

There is a true rite of passage that all children go through especially little boys. Usually an older brother or that uncle that is all so important in the education of your children passes on the art of making gas passing noises by blowing on your arm.  Well from behind me I hear someone demonstrating their newly acquired talents and doing it quite well. I look into the mirror to find the music makers. As I scan the seats there they are the obvious choice the Three Stooges, a first grade boy and two kindergarten boys, eagerly engaged in being boys by whacking each other in the head with pieces of paper. “Boys” I said, “quit”. A short time of silence and then the sound starts again. “Boys I said quit.” Pause, then another loud vibrating bugle. I respond in a firm fatherly voice, “Boys did you hear what I said?” They looked at me pointed across the aisle and said, “Ok, we will but would you tell those girls to quit making those farting sounds?” Where upon two cute little girls peeked over the seat at me and just grinned.

No comments:

Post a Comment