There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Monday, September 10, 2012

“Family Outing”

Mr. Mucus approaches the bus holding a small stuffed toy rabbit, a toy Mickey Mouse and a toy cell phone. As I open the door he says, “These are the little ones and I’m keeping an eye on them today”. He then looks down at them and says, “You guys are killing me”. He seated himself and them and told them he was going to talk to me but he would be keeping an eye on them. He showed me his phone and said, “If you don’t mind I need to call my girlfriend”. It was defiantly a woman on the other end, I could tell by the tone of the conversation. He started, “Yes I’m on the bus and I have the little ones with me, yes, yes, yes, ok, yes, yes hun, ok, talk to you later. Then he proceeded to call his buddy Bob, “Hey, Bob what you doing?” “I’m on the bus with the little ones…. yes I’ve got to keep an eye on them today….. yes it’s their first time to ride the bus but they’re doing alright.” I’m not sure if this information about the little ones messed up a hunting trip or guys night on the town but the next thing he said was, “Bob, don’t you hang up on me”. Looked at me shrugged his shoulders and said, “I’ll have to call him back later”. You never know when the burden of responsibility will be thrust upon you.

No comments:

Post a Comment