There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

“Classic Literature”

There are lines from great literature that we all remember and recognize when we hear them. “It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done…” Tale of Two Cities. “That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” Romeo and Juliet. “Call me Ishmael.” Moby Dick. From the first grade crowd came this literary gem. “Oh! I forgot my underwear.” from Froggy Gets Dressed. And it did not diminish in luster with the repeating, even the sixtieth repeating. Which by that time was being joined in by a chorus of little voices all ending in laughter. The classics stand the test of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment