There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"Let's Get Things Rolling"

Well, we're on the road again. The summer has slipped away, students board the bus excited about the new year. The air is filled with the chatter of voices talking about new clothes and who their new teacher will be. Mr. Mucus, knowing that I was probably nervous since it was my first day back also, reassured me that I was still his best bud. On the ride home they were even more excited, sharing the experiences of the day. Each in turn telling me fantastic things about their classes. In all the commotion a second grader leans forward and in a soft subdued voice says, "Mr. Brandon, how many more days till school is out?" He did not seem very encouraged when I replied, "179 to go". As we rumbled down the road I heard a little voice repeating 179.....179.......179. I'm sure thing will pick up tomorrow or it's going to be a long year.

1 comment: