There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

“Eye Care”

If you have not seen a comic book in a number of years they are far from the Superman and Archie of the past. The most noticeable difference is the way that they draw the female characters. Let us say Jane Russell would be envious. So I hear two first graders behind me whispering and then one of them says, “Mr. Brandon look at this”. At this point they put in front of me a comic and on the page is a very scantily clad, curvaceous young lady. “Boys, do you think you’re old enough to be looking at this?” I said. There was a disappointed head shake of no. “Boys, if you look at pictures like this it could cause you to go blind” I said using my father voice. Then one replied, “We better not look at it but let’s give it to him, pointing to the boy across the aisle, he’s in the fifth grade it’s probably ok for him to look at.”

No comments:

Post a Comment