There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Monday, May 11, 2015

"Sub Needed"

You have looked for your glasses while they were on your head.  You have looked for your cell phone while holding it in your hand.  Often someone else must point out to us what should be obvious.  There was a commotion in the back of the bus and I responded in a reasonable way or so it seemed to me, by asking the poor misguided student to suspend the undesirable behavior. I’m not exactly sure of the words I used or the tone in which it was delivered but I’m sure it was appropriate.  After the verbal exchange a third grade boy spoke up and said, “Mr. Brandon, just how long has it been since you had a break from us?  I’m thinking you need a day off.  Maybe even a week off.  Until you get a little break let me help you with this, take a deep breath, now slowly blow it out.”  He repeated the instructions for me several times till I had the hang of it.  Note to self, put in for a sub driver as soon as I get back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment