There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Thursday, May 21, 2015

"When the Door Closes"

I am very much a glass half empty kind of person to say otherwise would draw a rebuttal article from my wife.  My wife on the other hand is very much a glass half full kind of person.  She has high hope for me even after all these years, which shows a great deal of patience on her behalf.  I have tried to learn from her example in finding the best in all things though it takes some deep searching some times. With the end of the school year comes a reminiscence of how the year has gone.  I have been blessed to be associated with a great variety of students and as they leave the bus for the last time this school year I try to say thank you.  There is the child that steps off the bus and as you close the door you say, “Thank you Lord for they have been a true joy and blessing and have enriched my life this year.”  There is the child that steps off the bus and as you close the door you say, “Thank you Lord for having given me the opportunity to help guide this young child to a path more productive and in turn helping me develop my patience.”  Then there is the child that steps off the bus and you say, “Thank you Lord that this door is hydraulic and closes so quickly.”

2 comments: