There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

"Light the Corner of My Mind"

A sight, a smell, a sound all can trigger memories that come back to us and fill our hearts as if we were living them again.  And they don’t have to make sense to anyone else, nor should they, but they are a part of us we cannot escape.  In the quiet of the night all alone, if I hear a refrigerator running I cannot help but find myself as a small boy in bed at my grandparent’s house safe and warm in the spare room next to the kitchen.  The right song on the oldies station can restore to me again my small children singing from the back seat of the car.  What sight, sound, or smell triggered a memory for Mr. Mucus I do not know but he said, “Mr. Brandon, do you remember when I was little and …..”  He has been riding the bus for five years so at this point many fond memories ran through my mind.  The time he was a super spy, when he told me I could be a part of his scout troop, or the many times he has told me, “I love you man.” So I was a little set back with the end of the statement.  “and I would get sick and throw up almost every day?”  Yes I remembered, over twenty times in one year.  I know how I felt about those memories but it was obviously not how he felt for he ended with, “Good times, good times.”

No comments:

Post a Comment