There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Friday, April 17, 2015

“Deep In the Heart Of……”

Most of you understand that I have many nick names for the students that ride the bus each day.  Some of the nick names I actually call them when they are on the bus and some nick names I only use here to protect the innocent or guilty whichever way you want to go.  As the students were getting off the bus I called them by name saying have a good afternoon.  I said goodbye to Sharkie, because she has an aquarium shirt with a shark on it that she is fond of.  Then there was Hollywood, because I didn’t know her name and she was wearing sunglasses one day so, Hollywood.  I was not aware that a young lady behind me was listening as I commented to each person as they left the bus.  When I pulled to her house and called her by her actual name she said, “Why don’t I have a nick name?” It was a reasonable question.  I thought about her personality not a tom boy but not girly, girly either.  Well maybe attire. Some days a cute girl outfit, others days shorts, t-shirt and tennis shoes.  This could prove difficult.  But before I had a chance to render my verdict she said, “I want to be called, Tex.”  So, Tex it is.  You never really know what lies deep in the heart of a person.  It may be a dusty old cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment