There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Friday, March 8, 2013

“Old Man”

The young man behind me said in a very slow and shaky voice, “Helloooooo Mr. Brandon……… how are you doing today?” “I’m good, what’s the matter with you?” I asked. “Well……. I’m an old ……… man” was his reply. “How old are you?” I asked. “Well I’m fifty years old.” “So that’s how a fifty year old man sounds?” “Yes it is because they are so old.” At this point I added, “Do I sound like that, because you know I’m older than fifty.” I lost track of the number of apologies that came my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment