There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

“Friends to the End”

As the kindergartner stood there I asked, “Did you have a good day?” “Well, not to good we had to go to the principal’s office” she replied. “To the office?” I continued. “Well, me and my friend got in trouble in P.E. and had to go to the office”. The usual P.E. offences ran through my mind, fighting, throwing something at someone, not following direction. I mean how much trouble could two, little, sweet kindergarten girls get in? She continued on and relived my curiosity, “Well, she pulled down her pants and showed her hinny so I decided I would too”. Not exactly what I was expecting. Looking for a reply I respond, “Well you know that’s not something that good girls do and I’m sure you just did it because you thought it would be funny”. “Yes, it didn’t turn out as funny as we thought it would” she said. It’s hard to talk about correcting bad behavior when you really want to crack up laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment