There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Thursday, February 23, 2012

“Clueless”

The twins, who are not twins, get on the bus and I greet them with the usual, “Good morning girls, how are you?” They look at me and you can tell they are holding their mouths closed tight. So I try again, “Girls have you been singing and dancing this pretty morning?” They look at each other and whisper in each other’s ears and then the spokesman approaches me and says, “You lost, we won.” In my defense, First: I didn’t know the rules. Second: I didn’t know I was playing. There is a few more moments of silence then a kindergartner speaks up and says, “Don’t worry, don’t worry Mr. Brandon I’ll have it all cleaned up in a jiffy.” Rules??? Game??? Clean up what??? I don’t know I’m just the driver. I have the feeling that I missed an early morning memo somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment