There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

“Not My Angel”

Recently as I was taking children home after school I noticed a car behind me that was very erratic in its movements.  Concerned about such a vehicle following close to the bus I looked closely in the mirror to see if I could tell what the matter was.  I recognized the driver as a mother who I had talked to earlier in the day because her son had been put off the bus for his refusal to stay sit down. The mother had in so many words told me that I was wrong and had judged her child too harshly.  The erratic movements of the car were from her trying to smack her child who was in the back seat jumping from side to side like a rabbit.  Mom, he is just excited and misunderstood.

No comments:

Post a Comment