There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

"Culinary Arts"

He was most defiantly a man of his word.  The day before he said he was going to bake some cookies and that he would bring me some.  So I was not at all surprised when he boarded the bus and asked, “Mr. Brandon do you want a sample of my cookies?”  “Sure,” I said not being one to turn down a good home made cookie, even if it was 6:30 in the morning.  He reached in his book bag and I anticipated the usual plastic baggie with some cookies in it.  They say that one eats first with the eyes.  This being true, this was a dessert fit for the blind.  He pulled his little pudgy fist from a pocket on his book bag, stuck it in front of me, opening it to reveal a wad of what appeared to be chocolate chip cookie.  A flash of one hundred food born illnesses passed through my mind as I placed the lump in my mouth.  I was quite surprised.  His genius of presentation was realized, he knew that the warmth and moister of the hand would give it that fresh from the oven taste.  He then passed out samples to several other children that were seated around him.  Everyone was in agreement that the cookie wads were delicious.  With the approval of his taste testers he then revealed the recipe and cooking technic.  Buy at Food Value, turn oven to 350 degrees and don’t lick your fingers while you’re cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment