There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

"Invitation"

Mr. Mucus was excitedly telling about a big event coming up.  A special dinner with his Boy Scout troop called the Blue and Gold dinner.  He described it as a dinner that family is invited to so the young men who have been in scouts that year can be honored.  He was quite excited.  He paused and then said, "Mr. Brandon, I would like for you to come.  I mean you are a big part of my life."  In my mind I thought yes Kindergarten, First Grade, First Grade again, because as he puts it he was not quite ready to move on, and now we are nearing the end of Second Grade.  One year alone, I had to clean up the bus over twenty times from him getting sick.  He has shared his imagination with me.  From him being a secret agent to conversations he has had with his wife over the phone.  He has shown me his awesome dance moves and given advice on how to drive the bus route.  Yes he has been a big part of my life also.  He then put his hand on my shoulder and said, "I mean, I love you like a brother, man."  There are some things that make you laugh and smile all at the same time.  Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones (Proverbs 16:24).

No comments:

Post a Comment