There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"Theology"

The discussion started about how someone had not done what they were supposed to and that was bad.  Then it transitioned to general discussion of good things and bad things.  That lead to a discussion of Heaven and the Bad Place (the only way to refer to it in front of an adult).  This discussion expanded into what God was like and what the Devil was like.  Then it moved to who they wanted to see in Heaven.  They mentioned grandparents and other relatives.  There were celebrities thrown in and a mention of presidents, I thought good luck with that but kept it to myself.  Then a young man that I'm assuming was theologically challenged, who was eager to enter the conversation, spoke up and said, "Oh! My dad has a real hockey puck."  The conversation came to a halt as if it were checked by the opposing team.  I don't know if there is a connection between Heaven and hockey but I do know I have heard the other place referred to in terms of double hockey sticks.  I find it hard to believe there is a connection with the Bad Place; due to ice and temperature problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment