There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Monday, March 17, 2014

"Uninvited"

Mr. Mucus was talking about a trip he was going to take over the weekend.  He talked about where he would stay and most importantly where he would eat.  You could tell he was very excited.  The conversation was directed to those around him, especially his on again, off again girlfriend sitting behind him.  She spoke up and said, "It doesn't sound like a very fun trip to me."  Putting his hands on his hips he replied, "Well I'll have you to know that this trip is important to me and you should be happy for me."  The conversation escalated in volume so I stepped in with, "Both of you need to be happy and stop fussing."  "We are happy," he replied and continued, "This is what is called a RELATIONSHIP."  He paused for a few seconds and said, "I don't think you'll be invited to the Wedding."  Even though I was heartbroken, I tried to control my emotions and asked, "Why?"  He said, "Do you really want to see us kiss?"  You cannot argue with sound logic.  Count me as not invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment