There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Thursday, February 6, 2014

"Your Order Please"

A second grader boarded the bus with what appeared to be a small cloth pocket type apron that a carpenter puts nails in while he works.  I would call it a nail apron but I have seen them used in a number of other ways unrelated to carpentry.  Before he was seated he asked if I would help him tie it on.  I pulled the bow tight in the back expecting a Bob the Builder moment.  He turned to face me, pulled out a piece of paper, a pen and asked, "Can I take your order Sir?"  I asked him to be seated and being a little hungry gave him my order.  "Two eggs over easy, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, and country ham," I said.  He read it back to me, had the eggs wrong but made the correction, then he turned to a fourth grader seated across from him and yelled, "Order up" and handed him the paper.  The fourth grader looked at me a little confused, shrugged his shoulders, waited a few seconds and yelled back, "Ok, pick up".  I must admit service was fast and friendly.  By this time he was taking the orders of the two young ladies behind him.  One ordered a sausage biscuit and the other one said she was on a diet and wanted a blue berry muffin.  Over all it was a good dining experience.  I would give it three and a half stars.  My only complaint was he told me about the special they were having on oatmeal after he turned in my order.  But he wasn't sure if they had any left because a man last night had ordered one thousand bowls of oatmeal and a piece fo sausage.  I stayed with my original order.

No comments:

Post a Comment