There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

"Tour Bus"

There was a loud "ONE", followed by a click, then "TWO", click.  From the voice I knew exactly where to look.  Looking in the mirror I spied the snowman shaped second grader with his little round face and round body.  His face was as red as his hair and he held a pencil in each hand over his head.  It continued, "THREE" and he clicked the pencils together.  With the shout of "FOUR" and a clicking of the pencils the hands came down and a drum solo started on the back of that seat that would have made any rock drummer envious.  A few more strokes of those magic pencils and he yelled out, "Gentlemen, I believe we have found ourselves a DRUMMER!"  Waiting for the finale, that all great drummers are known for, I held my breath and was not disappointed.  The energy and beat came to a crescendo, he threw up his hands, a pencil sailed to the back of the bus, and with hands still in the air he screamed out, "WE LOVE YOU WORLD PEACE".  A wipe of the forehead and all was quiet.  In my mind I already see his smiling face on the cover of "Rolling Stone". I'm going to get five copies for my..............  Go ahead and sing it, I was.  

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being selected as "Best Bus Driver" by the Steve Harvey Neighborhood Awards. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete