There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Friday, October 11, 2013

"Harmony with Nature"

As the sun was coming up over the hills, I made a comment to Mr. Mucus about what a beautiful sunrise that God had given us but his mind seemed elsewhere. Then he announced loudly, "The squirrels are bothering my nuts". Well this drew a snicker from the older crowd and thank goodness they and I kept our first thoughts to ourselves. He continued, "The squirrels keep taking the walnuts from my tree and I want them to stop". "Well" I said, " do you eat the walnuts?" "No," he replied, "but I would like to try some". Trying the logical and less violent approach, because the older kids had now chimed in with how to trap or shoot them, I said, "Well, God made the squirrels and God made the walnut trees so they could have something to eat". "I know" he said, "but they always take the big nuts and leave the little nuts behind". "Ok," I continued, "put a sign in the tree that says, only take the little nuts and leave the big nuts alone." He seemed quite happy with this solution but it was negated by an older student who informed him that squirrels can't read. Before we could discuss how to deal with illiterate squirrels the conversation was interrupted by on of the Three Stooges who yelled out that his brother was pointing his booty towards him and he was afraid it would go off. I believe the nuts are safe from the squirrels, because most of them are on the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment