There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"Eveready"

During the winter months, the sun has a difficult time slipping up over the horizon so those first few pick-ups are often quite dark. Yet, who would come to our rescue, that ever faithful, always vigilant Mr. Mucus. As he boarded the bus he announced to everyone, "Don't worry I'm a scout, I'm always prepared" whereupon he started digging in his book bag. "Look what I've got Mr. Brandon", he said. I looked at the same time as he clicked on a flash light who's original packaging must have said, "Own a piece of the sun". As the flash burns to my retinas were healing, he pointed out the great help he could be, "I can help you see the road" as he pointed it out the front window. "I can look for lost things under the seats" and all I could see was his bottom sticking up in the air as he took a dive. "And" he continued, "we can keep an eye on them" as he pointed the light at two little girls who have been known to be up to no good. Like most bright ideas, it's time came and went so quickly. Within a few minutes, the sun had eased up over the hills making all things clear and, except for those few students who are now recovering from a bout of temporary blindness, it wasn't that bad of an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment