There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Thursday, September 19, 2013

"Where Does It Rank?"

As I approached the stop I could see there was a new mother and child waiting. She explained that she was having car trouble and that her son had not ridden the bus before but would it be ok for him to ride today. He climbed on board and with kindergartners climbing on board is the proper term that first step is a climb. He sits down in the first seat and begins to look all around taking in all the sights and sounds of this new experience. Sometimes newbies need a little reassurance so I started talking to him, "What do you think?" "How do you like it?" Finally in my last effort to set his mind at ease I said, "The bus is a fun way to get to school". If there was any doubt left in his mind I'm sure it was resolved when I received help from Mr. Mucus who hollered out, "It's like paradise". I guess that sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment