There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Mileage"

A bus driver can tell you the number of miles driven within a few yards without ever looking at the odometer.  Bus drivers also have an auditory odometer.  A chart with converted unites is found in all bus driver handbooks.


He touched or hit me. = one quarter of a mile

I've got to go pee pee. = one half mile

Are we almost to my house? = one mile


Therefore 1 1/2 miles = 6 he touched me or 2 pee pees and 2 he touched me or 1 are we almost to my house and 1 pee pee.  There are quite a number of combinations.  Parents with small children have a version of this chart.  Oh, there are also metric units such as:  Hey, we need some air freshener back here. = 1 Kilometer

No comments:

Post a Comment