There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Friday, April 5, 2013

“The Great Melting Pot”

The United States has long been known for the blending of cultures. There are holidays and foods observed and eaten from all corners of the globe. This morning I listened to a true blending. The young man started, “Mr. Brandon I played a prank on my Mom last night.” His eyes were all excited and I knew what he wanted so I asked, “Well what did you do?” With a giggly little voice he replied, “I dressed up like a Mexican Ninja with a light saber and hid and jumped out and scared my Mom.” Sometimes the cultures that we blend are from a galaxy far, far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment