There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Friday, September 12, 2014

"Mr. Grammar"

Simile: a phrase that uses the work like or as to describe someone or something by comparing it with someone or somthing else that is similar.  Hearing a high pitched squeal come from the back half of the bus I used my extensive knowledge of the English language and chose the only simile that would be appropriate for the situation.  So with my bus driver authoritative voice I yelled, "Hey, whoever is doing that stop squealing like a little girl."  Then I settled back in the thought of a job. well done.  Immediately a little blond head popped up and said, "But I am a little girl."  The squealing continued, I hummed softly to myself as we continued down the road.  Well played little girl, well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment