There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep. Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded. Robert Brault

Whats driving a bus like? Seventy of your kids in the back seat going to town. Mr. Brandon

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

“Spells Trouble”

“Mr. Brandon, do you know what my brother just said?” was the question that came from a rather excited, wide eyed, kindergarten girl. It’s always risky to ask what they said but with little ones it’s somewhat safer. Proceeding with caution I asked, “Well what did he say?” In true secret informant fashion she looked all around then leaned in and quietly started to spell the word. Everyone knows you can’t get in trouble if you spell the word. Yes and it turned out to be the biggie. I looked into the wide excited eyes and said, “Does your brother talk like that at home?” “Oh, no” she said, “mom would throw him through a wall.” “Well you need to tell your mom what he’s saying on the bus” I told her. “I can’t do that” she said. “I would get in trouble just for knowing how to spell that word.”

No comments:

Post a Comment